Saturday, March 13, 2010

Meh....

I haven't updated lately because I really don't have a great deal to say!!

I am on track to reach my goal of 6kgs lost before Easter, which is also my birthday and that means I'll be in the 70s, which is completely phenomenal and really exciting, but I just feel quite flat about it all to be honest. This week proved a little harder though and I'm going to have to put in some super effort to continue on to keep dropping the weight. It definitely gets harder the lower you get. I think some of my blah feelings around it all is that I saw some photos of myself that were taken at a work volunteer day last week and I went 'oh, I thought I looked better than that'!! Totally crazy and then got me to thinking about how I looked 47kgs ago!! Blech. Some days I think gee I look good and am revelling in how far I have come and then other days I feel like I haven't even lost a pound. Crazy I know and I'm trying to cut myself some slack about it. I think that it's pretty hard to change 20 years of thinking in even the nearly 18 months since I've had the Lap Band and it's something I'm continuing to work on and improve.

In totally excellent, very exciting and awesome news - Jodie is pregnant!!! I'm so happy for her (and Shawn), they have been trying for so long and I'm glad it's finally happening for them. Now that she's 15 weeks and going really strong, she's back in amongst the blog world, so check out what's going on with her here.

Hope everyone is going well!


Jen


www.lapbandforthemind.com

2 comments:

  1. You can do it - 6kgs by Easter....keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya with the blah's!
    Hope you pick up soon!
    Good luck with the goal, you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete