Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ho, Hum....

I haven't posted this week, mostly because I don't have a lot to say really. I know - how boring! To be honest , this week I've been struggling a bit because the loss of .1ml out of my band seems to have made such a difference where I haven't really lost any weight and I have even been fluctuating putting on! Not to mention I can eat more Devastated!

The good news is that I'm going to see the lovely Dr Caroline tomorrow and will have a good chat with her. I've also had a migraine for the last 3 days so that has knocked me around a bit. I feel better today, but am now very tired and can't wait for this week to be over. The more I thought about my last appointment a few weeks ago, the more I get annoyed. Although I know I had been quite tight and not able to eat a lot, I was happy with that because I was getting the results and combined with the thyroid treatment I've been taken I know I had a decent loss. So to have basically stayed the same the last 2 weeks is frustrating. That is the first time I'd seen that Doctor and she doesn't know me from a bar of soap or anything about my history so I should have spoken up. Although she is supposed to be the expert and who am I to question her?! I guess I know my own body best so I should have said something. I didn't because I knew I was coming back in 2 weeks so not a lot could happen. I will discuss with the Dr tomorrow who I have a good history with and see what she thinks. It had taken me a good 6 months to get to what I considered 'ideal restriction' and to lose it again from a measly .1ml out is really quite astonishing.

I still have a good 15kg - 20kg (at least 33 pds) that I want to lose and my BMI is around 34 so I am still classed as obese!!! One thing that annoys me about my surgery centre is that once you have lost 50% of your excess weight they class you as a success. Well I don't know about you, but although I am very proud of myself for the weight I have lost so far, I would hardly consider still being obese, a 'success'. I don't want to be 2 years own the track from my surgery and still trying to lose the last 10kgs.

Not a bad post from someone with nothing to say!!

Hope all is well with everyone :)

Jen

www.lapbandforthemind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment