Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's Official.....I'm a size 14 (woot woot!!!)

Yay!! How exciting! I went on a marathon shopping spree yesterday to buy some new clothes for this job I'm starting next week, there was barely anything in my wardrobe that still fit. Every single piece of clothing I brought - tops and bottoms - from an array of shops - were all size 14!! Very happy about that! I even got a few size 12 singlet tops to wear under jackets that were a stretchy type material too!

It got me to thinking and I was saying to my Mum that this will be the first time in over 10 years that I'll be starting a new job where the people will only see me as I am today. They won't know I've lost nearly 45kgs (99 pds), they won't know that I've been a thousand different sizes over the last 10 years, that I've been on a million different diets and that I've put on and lost the same 20 - 30kgs a hundred times over!! It's a nice feeling and gives me so much confidence.

Even though it's still summer & still quite warm in this part of the world, I was also thinking that I can't wait until winter so I can buy some boots. I've never been able to wear boots because my calves have always been too big, but not this year! Something else to look forward to.

It was so nice to be able to walk into any shop and know I'd be able to find something that would fit! There have been too many times in the past where I walked away from a failed shopping attempt empty handed (and in tears), even when I had said to myself that I will spend any amount of money, just as long as I could find something that would fit! I am so glad those days are gone and they will never return. I love my band so much :)

I've also been giving some thought to my 'goal weight', I've never set it in stone because I never knew what I would look like so it's always been a wait and see proposition. I have had in my head lately that I've got about 10-15kgs to go. Today I was at the shops with Jodes having lunch and was telling her about the size 14 triumph and we were discussing how in Australia, the 'average' size woman is a size 14. I decided that I reckon I'd be happy when I can fit into a size 12 pair of Target pants that I like and have always worn bigger sizes of. They had 20% off so I brought a pair and I've decided that when they fit, I'm done! It doesn't matter what number comes up on the scale whenever it is that they fit, I'll be happy. I've never thought I wanted to be a size 10 or size 8, I just don't think it would be me to be that small & I have big kahunas so I'd like to look like I'm in some kind of proportion!! That's the plan anyway, we'll see what happens :)

Much thought and reflection going on of late - I am very proud of myself!

Have a great week everyone!

Jen

www.lapbandforthemind.com

3 comments:

  1. I love your way of thinking! I think a 12 is perfect like you said a comfy size! You have lost 44kg my god that is amazing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen, You SHOULD be proud.. what great feeling that must be to be able to browse the racks (in normal sizes)and pick and chose to your liking. You deserve that little treat..and how fun to tuck away a size 12 for when that moment arrives.. Great job.. Soon the winter will be here and you will be browsing the boots and coats.. what fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen! Just found your blog! We're about in the same place...I don't know where I'm going to end up either...the size thing is an interesting way to go!
    I'm here:
    http://bandgroupiethesweetspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete