Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Quick Update....

Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year! I had to fill in a form today and couldn't believe it when I had to write it was the 6th Jan - time is certainly flying!

My Christmas & New Year were very quiet and for once in my life my weight has continued to drop - hurrah! This is mostly due to the fact that I'm still pretty stressed because of the job situation (or lack of one really). Things are slowly starting to progress on the job front, but as much as I'm trying to 'not worry' and 'enjoy my time off', the band has other ideas! It's still quite tight and I haven't been able to eat a great deal and I just don't feel like it. I was meant to go to the Doctor tomorrow, but given I'm still continuing to lose and I don't need any fill in or out, I cancelled it. I will have to go to the next one though because I need to keep monitoring with blood tests. I'm losing on average about 1kg a week (2.2 pds) so ok with that for now. The more I lose though, the more I am noticing excess skin - BOO!! Can't be surprised though, you can't be that overweight for that long and expect not to have any. Not to mention age is not on my side (or genetics, thansk Mum!!)

I've got a wedding this Saturday and it's going to be HOT - 38 degrees (or 100.4F for my friends not in this part of the world!). I feel sorry for the Bride and all the guys suited up, going to be shocking! These are people I work with and none of them know I have the Band and it's going to be hard to eat anything. I haven't 100% decided, but I am thinking about making this the year that I don't mind telling anyone I have a Lap Band. I'll let you know what happens - whether I chicken out or not! I'm also going to be taking some updated 'after' photos which I might put on here, but will go on the website, because I have definitely lost a bit since then.

Hope you're all well.

Jen

http://www.lapbandforthemind.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment