Monday, January 25, 2010

Ramblings...

Hi

I hope everyone is doing well! Had a few interesting things going on of late. I finally got a job - at one of the big 4 banks here in Australia and now I'm just waiting to go through a probity check to ensure everything is ok - I'm sure it will be, there isn't a criminal record I'm unaware of :) Hopefully I will start next Monday or probably a few days later as tomorrow is Australia Day here and a public holiday so will lose a day of checking. I'll have had nearly 7 weeks off and it hasn't been all that relaxing with the stress of having to look for work, not to mention no money coming in so it's not like I'm out shopping up a storm or anything!

On Friday I had to go sign my new contract so it was a good chance to catch up with my friends who work in the city that I haven't seen for awhile. All of them were raving about how much weight I'd lost to the point where it actually made me a bit uncomfortable! I think it's because I see myself everyday and some days I think I'm getting places and other days I feel like I haven't achieved a thing! It was nice, but a little full on as well. Maybe because I've been home for nearly 5 weeks and haven't had the same kind of interaction, I think I might've gone into my shell a bit!!

My weight has come down a tiny bit, but has pretty much stayed the same for a few weeks. Today I went shopping & brought a whole stack of healthy food to chow down on. Stacks of protein: eggs, chicken, tuna & turkey and I've spent the last hour chopping up cucumber, onion, carrots & tomatoes while watching Diet Tribe!! (I love that show). Because my band has been so tight, I've been leaning towards the not so good food because they're easier to get down, but I'm sick to death of it so it was nice to get some good things and I'm looking forward to eating them! I'm also trying to drink more water because I know I haven't been having enough and it's been quite warm here.

Have a good week everyone!!

Jen

www.lapbandforthemind.com

1 comment:

  1. It does become a litte uncomfy when there is so much praise directed towards your weightloss, but you should just soak it up bc you have worked hard so far it!

    ReplyDelete