Wednesday, September 16, 2009

S-T-R-U-G-G-L-I-N-G

I have to confess, I've been struggling with things plan since Monday, for a few different reasons. The restriction lasted about a day and I've still been really hungry and able to eat a fair bit more than I would like. This sends me into a bit of a spin and back to the bad 'ol days because then I get into this mentality of what I 'should' be doing as opposed to what I actually am doing and before I know it, I'm finding myself reverting back to old habits.

It disappointed me because I've been banded nearly a year and I 'should' know better, but Jodie & I had a really good chat about it and realised that I've had weight problems for more than 20 years and it's going to take more than 12 months to work through all those issues and get to a good place with it all. You know what they say....Rome wasn't built in a day....

I think I've also been putting myself under a bit of pressure because my 12 month 'bandiversary' is approaching and I've been wanting to lose as much weight as possible, but I realised that I've lost 32kgs/70.4pds (still with a month to go) and that is a fantastic effort. I've never lost that much weight before and had I not had Lap Band surgery, I don't want to even think about what I would weigh today, the thought truly horrifies me.

On a positive note, I have done extra exercise every day on top of the exercise I normally do so I'm quite happy with that, normally I'm better with the eating and not so much with the exercise so that's a win and I'm taking it! All I'm focusing on is to keep persisting with making healthy choices as much as possible, do as much exercise as I can (the weather is getting warmer so that helps!) and eventually I'll get there.

I'm booked in for my fill Friday afternoon and I'm not leaving her office until I'm chock full! Rock on.....

Will keep you updated....


http://lapbandforthemind.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment