Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Optifastiversary to me…..

Today makes 12 months to the day since I started Optifast, yay for me!! What a difference a year makes!

I'll wait until my official 12 month surgery date to go into things more, but in a nutshell, I just couldn't be happier in this part of my life. With 33kgs (73 pds) gone forever, my life has changed incredibly in the last 12 months. I'm so happy I made the decision to go ahead with the surgery, if I hadn't of, I can't even begin to imagine what I would weigh today. The thought is just far too scary to contemplate! I would've liked to have lost more weight, but I have to be completely honest, I've not had to put a great deal of effort into losing this 33kgs, when in the past to lose the same kind of weight I would have to exercise like a demon and never eat one bad thing in the whole time, I love the band SO much!!

I'm off to see the lovely fill Dr Caroline again this afternoon and I haven't decided if I'm going to have a fill or not. I had a bit of an incident on a protein drink of all things this morning and I think it was mostly because I have to be very, very careful with anything in the morning because I am always tighter than normal. I'll have a discussion with her, but I think I probably still need another .1ml so we'll see. Because I'd been so stressed and therefore tight, I wasn't going to add anymore, but now that's eased off a bit and although I'm still stressed, I can definitely eat more :(

On the job front - nothing definite as yet, but still plugging away hoping that something will come off soon. I had a meeting with my old Manager who originally hired me at this company and he said he has some things available so I've got my fingers and just about everything else crossed that it will all work out! I should know by the end of next week whether it will pan out or not.

Have a good weekend everyone!

http://www.lapbandforthemind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment