Monday, November 30, 2009

Another one bites the dust....

Goal, that is!! Saturday marked the official weight loss of minus 40kgs (88 pds) - very excited!!! So close to the 80's too, can't wait to hit that decade!



Went to my surgery centre on Friday to get the results of my blood tests and the lovely fill Dr Caroline wasn't there so I saw someone else I hadn't seen before. She just glossed over the results of the blood tests and said they were fine, which annoyed me a bit because that was the main reason I went. I had lost 5.4 kgs (11.88 pds) in 6 weeks according to their scales and she was 'concerned' that it was too much for this stage of the journey (13 months in). She ended up taking .1ml OUT!!!! I couldn't believe it. She scared me a bit because she was talking about stretching my band so a new stomach forms above it and all these complications that can occur. I was in so much shock that I kind of just went with it and didn't know what to say. I know I hadn't been able to eat a great deal, but I've also been stressed with work and moving house the last 2 weeks so food was not a huge priority. I know I had talked about the flip side of tight vs less restricted, but I didn't know that I was going to get any out! Anyway, it hasn't seemed to have made a massive difference so far because I am still quite tight so we shall see what happens! I don't mind if I am able to eat just a bit more, but I am also mindful that I still have about another 20kgs (44 pds) to lose, which is still quite a bit, and to be honest I just want to get the losing weight bit over and done with! I don't want to be 2 years down the track and still not where I want to be.



I do have another appointment in 2 weeks to see my regular Dr so I'll go to that and see what she says and also what the weight loss looks like. Then I won't have another appointment until the first week in January so hopefully the restriction hangs around!



Have a great week everyone!

Jen



http://www.lapbandforthemind.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment